Sunday, July 1, 2012

EGON BONDY AND THE PLASTIC PEOPLE OF THE UNIVERSE - EGON BONDY'S HAPPY HEARTS CLUB BANNED




This is one of my price possessions, I bought this album many, many years ago, back home in Rotterdam and to me, not only is this some incredibly beautiful music, but really, these guys (and girls) are heroes to me, each and every one of them. Most of them were in jail or hiding when the music on this album was smuggled out of Czechoslovakia... All they knew was some music from Frank Zappa, The Fugs, Captain Beefheart and The Velvet Underground and they just took it from there....

After all these years (I bought this album somewhere in the early 80's) some of the songs still give e goosebumps....

For real....

The Poet Egon Bondy passed away and so has the great Vaclac Havel who knew them well but some of the original members are still active and performing with some younger members and bless their happy hearts....

The album come with a lovely book, 60 pages of photo's, poems, collages and stories....




http://www.mediafire.com/?835rx3bo3bwl43u





ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Thank you. I've never heard of this band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! They're a bit more known these days because of some folks in Canada but when I bought this album well, yeah, this was some really underground stuff indeed:)

    ReplyDelete